Apples are the yummiest dessert ingredient. Given the choice between an ice cream sundae, chocolate cake or apple pie I will ALWAYS choose the pie! I always think of fall as the kick off the the year’s BEST and most fattening six months. Between pumpkin spice EVERYTHING (donuts, muffins, lattes- oh my!), Halloween candy, Thanksgiving stuffing and Christmas desserts, it’s no wonder our pants don’t fit after January!
This apple “pie” parfait is simple to make and is crustless! Enjoy the taste of apple pie (yes, even the crunch of a crumb topping) without the calories and guilt.
Apple “Pie” Parfait
1 Granny Smith apple
4 packets of Splenda
1/4 cup of water
1 Tbs of butter
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
dash of salt
lite whipped topping
granola of your choice
1. Peel and core your apple. Typical apple corers give you eight pieces. Go ahead and cut every piece in half, giving you 16 slices when you are finished cutting.
2. Put your apple slices in a bowl. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, Splenda and salt. Toss to coat.
3. Melt butter in a frying pan. Add apples. Stir to coat with butter. Add water to pan and cover. The water will keep the apples from drying out.
4. Let apples cook on LOW heat for about 25 minuets or until tender (not mushy!)
5. When your apples are done remove from heat and place 5 slices in a small, shallow bowl. Top with a small sprinkling of granola (seriously 1/2 a teaspoon is enough! You WILL taste the crunch!) and then a dollop of whipped topping. Repeat one more time.
6. Enjoy the amazingness of this guilt free dessert.